[Cubicweb] CWEP 0004 - Cubes as distributions

Nicolas Chauvat nicolas.chauvat at logilab.fr
Thu Oct 23 10:34:48 CEST 2014

On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 08:56:39AM +0200, Denis Laxalde wrote:
> above, do you know how other applications also using "private
> modules/package" work with this development mode (if they do)?

This makes me think of cubes as plugins or extensions to CubicWeb.

Looking at the debian packages for Mercurial, I see mercurial
extensions are put into dist-packages/hgext/ and can be imported
individually.

PS: I still dislike setuptools, entry points, venv and all that
machinery that I find too complex (and mostly useless) compared to
PYTHONPATH, but I won't oppose to the change and vote -0 if it can
really help CubicWeb gain more traction by making it follow standard
(bad) practices.