[Cubicweb] Cannot reinstall rql with pip install -I

Jinpeng Li mr.li.jinpeng at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 13:45:47 CET 2014

Dear all,

I need to install a set of python packages with specified version to
package our database.

I found that I cannot reinstall rql with "pip install -I" using:

$ sudo pip install -I rql==0.33.0

I tested it with new installed Ubuntu 14.04 in virtualbox:

```
jinpeng at jinpeng-VirtualBox:~$ sudo pip install rql
# no error message
jinpeng at jinpeng-VirtualBox:~$ sudo pip install rql
Requirement already satisfied (use --upgrade to upgrade): rql in
/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages
[...]
jinpeng at jinpeng-VirtualBox:~$ sudo pip install -I rql
[...]
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/logilab/__init__.py", line
3, in <module>
    __import__('pkg_resources').declare_namespace(__name__)
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'declare_namespace'
jinpeng at jinpeng-VirtualBox:~$ sudo pip uninstall rql
[...]
Successfully uninstalled rql
jinpeng at jinpeng-VirtualBox:~$ sudo pip install -I rql
[...]
Successfully installed rql logilab-common logilab-database yapps
logilab-constraint
Cleaning up...
jinpeng at jinpeng-VirtualBox:~$ sudo pip install -I rql
[...]
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/logilab/__init__.py", line
3, in <module>
    __import__('pkg_resources').declare_namespace(__name__)
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'declare_namespace'

jinpeng at jinpeng-VirtualBox:~$ pip install --help
[...]
  -I, --ignore-installed      Ignore the installed packages (reinstalling
                              instead).
[...]
```

Conclusion: I cannot use "pip install -I rql" to reinsall rql. I hope this
information is useful for you.

Best,
Jinpeng