[Cubicweb] pytest monkey-patching gets in the way

Christophe de Vienne christophe at unlish.com
Tue Nov 18 12:41:54 CET 2014

Hi everyone,

logilab.common.pytest does a bad thing by monkey-patching unittest.

It makes it impossible to use alternate test runners for cubicweb tests.

The following code allowed me to use py.test or nose to run some of my
tests:

    import unittest
    save_testrunner = unittest.TextTestRunner

    import logilab.common.pytest # noqa
    unittest.TextTestRunner = save_testrunner

This makes me think that undoing this permanently in
logilab.common.pytest should not be such a big deal.
Has anyone tried to do that already ?

I would like the relevant ticket (https://www.logilab.org/ticket/92013)
to become higher priority. Could it be a subject for, say, a vsprint ?

Cheers,

Christophe