[Cubicweb] yapps is not pip-installable

Mike Kazantsev mk.fraggod at gmail.com
Tue May 13 09:05:02 CEST 2014

On Mon, 12 May 2014 22:49:32 +0200
Matthias Urlichs <matthias at urlichs.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Christophe de Vienne:
> > The ideal solution would be for us (cubicweb users) to have a
> > pip-friendly yapps 2.1.1 package released on pypi.
>
> Makes sense …

I also think that's a good idea, but maybe it's worth contacting the
original author first, too, just to confirm it won't be an issue with
them?

If it's been done already, apologies for repetition, I wasn't aware.

> > Before making any wild upload to pypi myself, I would like to know if
> > any of you is willing to do a pypi upload (and manage the project).
> > If not and if you don't mind, I can take care of it (you would be
> > co-owner of the project on pypi of course). The little changed I would
> > do would be sent in a pull-request first.
> >
> I'd appreciate that.

I can do pypi upload (after getting the original author's blessing)
too, but don't mind you doing it either, of course, if you'd prefer to
do it yourself.

Me doing "sdist upload -s" might keep repo and pypi in sync easier, as I
do know when all changes are made there anyway.

But you can, of course, do it in more responsible way - e.g. only
upload properly tested versions, with whatever other policies you might
want to have in place, verified and signed with proper (i.e. trusted)
gpg key, not mine.
That'd make you something like release manager, I guess ;)

--
Mike Kazantsev // fraggod.net