[Cubicweb] [Announce] cubicweb-mandrill 0.2

Christophe de Vienne christophe at unlish.com
Thu May 1 11:52:40 CEST 2014

Hello everyone,

At Unlish we use Mandrill to send our notification emails.

To do so we developed a cube "mandrill" that provides 2 main features :

1. Hijack the existing functions that calls config.sendmails

    In these functions, a "sendmails" service is called instead of
    config.sendmails, and this service is provided by the cube.
    We would like a default SMTP sendmails service to be used and
    provided by cubicweb, so that the mandrill cube would only have to
    provide the service and do no more monkeypatching. See
    https://www.cubicweb.org/ticket/3797393

2. Provide an improved NotificationView

    Mandrill provides a template api :
    https://mandrillapp.com/api/docs/messages.python.html#method=send-template
    The MandrillNotificationViewMixin makes use of it and allow to send
    different emails to each recipients.
    Beside using the send-template api of mandrill, it gives more
    control to the developer on the sender, and the merge variables for
    each recipient.
    Since it is a Mixin class, it can be mixed in an existing
    notification to make it instantly usable with a mandrill template.

The source is available at https://bitbucket.org/unlish/cubicweb-mandrill

Feedback on this cube would be very welcome, and also if Logilab is
willing to, an inclusion on the forge.

Cheers,

Christophe