[Cubicweb] CubicWeb: 'system' instance on a server

Dimitri Papadopoulos Orfanos dimitri.papadopoulos at cea.fr
Mon May 26 11:58:56 CEST 2014

Hi Nicolas,

You mean adding a CW_LOG_DIR environment variable instead of / in
addition to the 'main.log-file' attribute in all-in-one.conf?

On the one hand CW_LOG_DIR would be make sense because the main
directories used by an instance are already defined by environment
variables. On the other hand some paths are defined all-in-one.conf:
    query-log-file
    pid-file
    log-file
    trustedauth-secret-key-file

If we duplicate the functionality of part of the 'log-file' attribute in
a CW_LOG_DIR environment variable, I guess the 'log-file' attribute
would have precedence to ensure compatibility. Is it worth it?

Le 26/05/2014 09:54, Nicolas Chauvat a écrit :
> On Fri, May 23, 2014 at 08:55:57PM +0200, Dimitri Papadopoulos Orfanos wrote:
>> Of course I could create an appropriate /var/log/aims directory and set
>> attribute 'main.log-file' in all-in-one.conf accordingly (there's no
>> CW_LOG_DIR variable):
>
> Sounds like a valid enhancement to me. Could you maybe open a ticket
> and provide a patch? I would not mind it going as a fix into 3.18.5
> (the next production bugfix release).

Best,
--
Dimitri Papadopoulos