[Cubicweb] CubicWeb: 'system' instance on a server

Dimitri Papadopoulos Orfanos dimitri.papadopoulos at cea.fr
Fri May 23 20:05:04 CEST 2014

Hi,

It's probably true that logrotate can be reconfigured - but it still has
to be done. Instead of modifying the environment of 'system' instances
it might be easier to switch to 'user' instances even on a server.

As for the 'uid' parameter we have been using it indeed, BUT:

* The cubicweb instance accesses PostgreSQL both as 'root' and 'aims'
which means the 'peer' default authentication method used by PostgreSQL
on Ubuntu 12.04 won't work easily. We had to switch to password
authentication. Again that might seem easy - but then it's difficult to
explain, document or maintain in the long term.

* We are unable to run scripts as 'aims'. They have to run as 'root'
because they need access to /etc/cubicweb.d/aims/sources:
  $ ls -l /etc/cubicweb.d/imagen/sources
  -rw------- 1 root root 591 avril  2 08:42 /etc/cubicweb.d/aims/sources
  $
This was my point when starting this thread.

--
Dimitri Papadopoulos
CEA/Saclay