[Cubicweb] CubicWeb: 'system' instance on a server

Dimitri Papadopoulos Orfanos dimitri.papadopoulos at cea.fr
Fri May 23 19:53:39 CEST 2014

Scripts are typically pushing data into the database or pulling data
from the CubicWeb database or both.

We have been trying hard to find a way to interact with CubicWeb
databases. It's still not clear to us how to move data in and out of
CubicWeb.

At one point we tried HTTP/HTTPS through the Web server but:
* it's probably slow,
* there are limitations such as length of HTTP requests,
* scripts use complex urllib2 functions,
* other issues I cannot recall?

We were also told about ZMQ/Pyro + dbapi but these APIs have been obsoleted.

It looks like we're left with Python scripts running on the server and
directly accessing a CubicWeb session. It looks like such scripts must
run as 'root'.

I hope I've made our use case clear enough.

--
Dimitri Papadopoulos
CEA/Saclay