[Cubicweb] production deb packages: still cubicweb 3.17

Nicolas Chauvat nicolas.chauvat at logilab.fr
Fri May 23 15:40:18 CEST 2014

On Fri, May 23, 2014 at 02:41:42PM +0200, Julien Cristau wrote:
> The tool in question is described at
> http://mercurial.selenic.com/wiki/GuestrepoExtension
>
> It allows you to track the state of any number of related mercurial
> repos, so you can both make sure different components get upgraded
> together when there are interdependencies, and so you can record the
> history of the combination.

Disclaimer: it is useful for development setups, but I would not
recommend it for production setups.

Dimitri, two things got you in trouble:

1/ we broke backward compat with 3.18 (which is bad, even though we
   checked and thought we were on the safe side)

2/ you mixed packages and source on a production server (which is bad,
   the solution would have been to get packages done and installed
   properly)