[Cubicweb] Installing yapps with pip

David Douard david.douard at logilab.fr
Mon May 12 09:50:15 CEST 2014

On 01/05/2014 13:22, Christophe de Vienne wrote:
> Sorry for reply my own message.
>
> Re-reading the yapps website I realize the most up-to-date version of
> yapps is https://github.com/mk-fg/yapps.
> I guess it would make sens to have it released on pypi, but I don't know
> if it is identical to the version logilab uses.

Unless I'm wrong, the source used by Debian packagers (which is our reference version, as always) is the code provided on pypi

  https://pypi.python.org/pypi/Yapps2/2.1.1-17.1

which looks like up to date with the code on github.

So pip *should* work fine with yapps2 now, and unless I'm wrong, the only place we need to do something
is in rql so it does not rely on the (now useless and deprecated) dependency_links processing.

David