[Cubicweb] CubicWeb I/O

Nicolas Chauvat nicolas.chauvat at logilab.fr
Tue May 27 17:14:02 CEST 2014

Dimitri,

On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 03:41:40PM +0200, Dimitri Papadopoulos Orfanos wrote:
> * Concerning item 4, I believe more formal planning would benefit all
> CubicWeb users:
>   - Share a "massive data import" roadmap with CubicWeb users.
>   - Stick to a stable API that will remain unchanged for a "long time".
>   - Maybe start a CWEP on the subject?

Since this is important to your use case, I agree more formal planning
would be beneficial.

Regarding the API, the problem has been that we have not reached
consensus (yet) and that each person attacked the problem with a
different use case, hence the various tries to get the work done
differently.

You are right that a CWEP would be the right way to converge on that
subject. Let's call it CWEP-0004. Who is willing to get it started?

FYI https://www.cubicweb.org/card/cwepindex is the CWEP index.