[Cubicweb] production deb packages: still cubicweb 3.17

Nicolas Chauvat nicolas.chauvat at logilab.fr
Fri May 23 11:42:14 CEST 2014

On Fri, May 23, 2014 at 11:12:20AM +0200, Dimitri Papadopoulos Orfanos wrote:
> Yes, that's certainly the problem here. We'll look into this in the next
> few days and let you know. We'll probably dowgrade to 3.17 first to give
> us some time to look into this with a clear head.

>From what I read in the source, this very simple issue is fixed in
recent releases of brainomics.

What version of brainomics are you using?

Do you want a one-liner patch for your current version?

Please note that while backward-compatibility is always our goal,
there is value in removing dead code and losing weight. In this
particular case, we searched the source and no one was using that
action that had become useless, so it got removed.

Well, no one except an old version of brainomics
obviously... our apologies for the trouble.

> On the other hand cubicweb-ctl did not raise a dependency error.
> Shouldn't we have seen at least a warning?

It is true cubicweb-ctl does not check the consistency of the setup
for every command it runs. It could be a feature.

Meanwhile, remember you can always check that consistency by running
'cubicweb-ctl list' and reading the messages at the end of output.

Hope this helps,