[Cubicweb] Feedback on rqlcontroller

Aurélien Campéas aurelien.campeas at logilab.fr
Tue May 20 17:51:56 CEST 2014

On 20/05/2014 17:37, Jinpeng Li wrote:
> Hi Cubicweb Team,

Hi Jinpeng,

> Just let you know my feedback on rqlcontroller.

Thanks,

> Therefore recently I imported all the data using rqlcontroller over
> http(s). It works very well for small set of data. However, considering
> a large data set, sometimes I fail to get response after I post data to
> the server. It may be caused by too frequent http-post on cubicweb
> server. Or rqlcontroller try to protect server from DOS attack. Or it is
> a problem in /requests. /I found a solution that I need to set up a
> timeout parameter for the /requests/ to avoid unlimited waiting.  Please
> see the example as below. The test script and server is running on the
> same machine. The network is stable. I hope this feedback is useful for you.

Looks like you just wrote a kind of benchmark & stress test :)
We want more of these !

Could you just compute the time it takes to compute each request to
this script ? It could give interesting hints and show slow-downs
happening while you hammer the instance.

At the same time, watching the overall instance memory consumption
would be interesting.

Regards,
Aurélien.