[Cubicweb] OrbUI 0.1.0

Celso FLORES celso.flores at crealibre.com
Mon Mar 31 15:13:12 CEST 2014

Hi List and Nico,

Concerning OrbUI as we put it CubicWeb Forge :

" As of 2014, it is used mostly as a Legacy Cube, and maintained by
CreaLibre for 2012/2013 projects.
Options from 2014

We Encourage people using CubicWeb from 2014, to move to the use of the
Bootstrap and SquareUI cubes, where OrbUI code is still in use.

"

At CreaLibre,  we choose to continue our development based on the Bootstrap
Cube, in order to merge efforts on CubicWeb design.

OrbUI is still maintained but mostly by our client, Softtek. You might see
the later code here:

https://bitbucket.org/CreaLibre/orbui/overview

OrbUI is at 0.2 version, requiring the use of CubicWeb 3.17.10.

Recently, I tried to merge it with the OrbUI code at the forge, but there
is some code that overlaps, and which will not help our production
environment.

--------------------

I guess we have at least two options:

Option 1. Clean the OrbUI cube project, and we will push our production
version to the forge.

Option 2. Erase the OrbUI code from forge, letting only the link and
reference to the bitbucket page.

Ideas welcome, on what we should do.

Thanks in advance.

> Hi List,
>
> As far as I can tell from
> http://hg.logilab.org/review/cubes/orbui/tags no one ever released an
> official
> version of OrbUI.
>
> Is anyone on this list using OrbUI in a application that is in production?
>
> I suppose the answer is yes, in which case I suggest we agree on a
> 0.1.0 version and decide later if we need new releases or if everyone
> is moving to cubes bootstrap+squareui.
>
> Since no one seams to be working on OrbUI these days, I will move
> https://www.cubicweb.org/project/cubicweb-orbui/0.1.0 back to the
> state "planned" and hope it will get released soon.
>
> --
> Nicolas Chauvat
>
> logilab.fr - services en informatique scientifique et gestion de
> connaissances

Celso FLORES
Knowledge Management Consultant
Mx. 044 81 80 75 04 73