[Cubicweb] Widget for Geography points (PostGis)

Rémi Cardona remi.cardona at logilab.fr
Fri Mar 14 11:31:31 CET 2014

Le 14/03/2014 10:50, Alain Begey a écrit :
> Hi all, it's my first question to the list...

Hi Alain and welcome!

> Do you now if, by any chance, there's a already existing widget for
> Forms to be able to display/enter a Geography Point. We try to set an
> autoform for an object that use a Geography point but the input show us
> the raw data of PostGis.

Unfortunately not. We don't even have a default display widget so we
just print out whatever data PostGIS gives us (WKT or Base64-encoded WKB
depending on the version)... which we certainly never want to display as-is.

In fact, in the few uses we have of the postgis cube, we just hide the
attribute using CubicWeb's "uicfg" mechanism.

Any improvements there would be more than welcome.

Cheers

--
Rémi Cardona - LOGILAB, Paris (France).
Tél: 01.45.32.03.12