[Cubicweb] user callbacks, rqlcontroller, ajaxfunc, and schema permissions

Julien Cristau julien.cristau at logilab.fr
Tue Mar 11 15:51:47 CET 2014

On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 15:37:58 +0100, Nicolas Chauvat wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 02:25:01PM +0100, Julien Cristau wrote:
> > So my questions would be: do you think it's ok to rely on the app schema
> > to define what should and shouldn't be allowed in these controllers?  Or
> > should a replacement for user_callback aim to reimplement exactly the
> > current functionality?  If we do rely on schema permissions, I think it
> > would make sense to merge rqlcontroller in to cubicweb core.
>
> 1) bad luck that topic did not come up before the roadmap meeting we
>    had three days ago :/

I think the list is a better forum for the discussion anyway, so I don't
mind.

> 2) whatever the solution that is chosen, I think it should not impact
>    the release of 3.19.0, hence, if it were to get into the core, it
>    would not be earlier than 3.20 and would require a deprecation
>    warning in 3.19. BTW, if we break APIs without backward
>    compatibility, we will have to call the version 4.0...

My plan so far is for 3.19 to get https://www.cubicweb.org/patch/3624339
and https://www.cubicweb.org/patch/3625620
The question here is more what should be the way forward and what to
recommend to user_(rql_)callback users.

> 3) is it something the core of cubicweb needs or something the cubes
>    need? ideally we would get apps to depend on rqlcontroller, get
>    more experience using it and eventually, if really it appears to
>    be sensible, consider merging it into the core.

See the example I linked to?  That's part of cubicweb core and could be
trivially ported to rqlcontroller.

Cheers,
Julien
--