[Cubicweb] user callbacks, rqlcontroller, ajaxfunc, and schema permissions

Nicolas Chauvat nicolas.chauvat at logilab.fr
Tue Mar 11 15:37:58 CET 2014

Hi,

On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 02:25:01PM +0100, Julien Cristau wrote:
> So my questions would be: do you think it's ok to rely on the app schema
> to define what should and shouldn't be allowed in these controllers?  Or
> should a replacement for user_callback aim to reimplement exactly the
> current functionality?  If we do rely on schema permissions, I think it
> would make sense to merge rqlcontroller in to cubicweb core.

1) bad luck that topic did not come up before the roadmap meeting we
   had three days ago :/

2) whatever the solution that is chosen, I think it should not impact
   the release of 3.19.0, hence, if it were to get into the core, it
   would not be earlier than 3.20 and would require a deprecation
   warning in 3.19. BTW, if we break APIs without backward
   compatibility, we will have to call the version 4.0...

3) is it something the core of cubicweb needs or something the cubes
   need? ideally we would get apps to depend on rqlcontroller, get
   more experience using it and eventually, if really it appears to
   be sensible, consider merging it into the core.