[Cubicweb] Pyro and ZMQ deprecated?

Sylvain Thénault sylvain.thenault at logilab.fr
Thu Mar 6 13:25:51 CET 2014

On 05 mars 11:22, Nicolas Chauvat wrote:
[snip]
> I suppose that once it runs fine, we will have little motivation to
> maintain pyro and zmq.

Two litle clarifications:

* you currently can use a remote (zmq or pyro) connection using cubicweb-ctl
  shell (simply provide uri like pyro://nameserver/objectid or alike)

* pyro and zmq interfaces to the repository will be (are?) removed in
  forthcoming release (maybe 3.21 or 3.22) because they don't suit well with the
  refactored session/transaction handling coming with 3.19

Last but not least, today, REST services sounds like a good way to use the
repository. Using the rqlcontroller / signedrequest cube, I guess we could
somewhat easily build a client lib for remote access.