[Cubicweb] Pyro and ZMQ deprecated?

Florent Cayré florent.cayre at logilab.fr
Wed Mar 5 18:00:10 CET 2014

Hi,

Le 05/03/2014 10:05, Dimitri Papadopoulos Orfanos a écrit :
> Yann,
>
> My understanding is that rqlcontroller is preliminary work not yet ready
> for production - as far as I can see there hasn't been any release of
> this cube:
> 	http://www.cubicweb.org/project/cubicweb-rqlcontroller
> I understand Nicolas was pointing you to this cube not as code you
> should be using, but as a preview of future ways to access the CubicWeb
> database. That would explain the current lack of documentation.
>

> For now, here are the options I know of to access a CubicWeb database
> (please correct me if I have forgotten any):
>
> * HTTP/HTTPS: can be used remotely, simple for retrieving data or
> without authentication, a bit more complex for pushing data or with
> authentication (for example max. length of an URL or session management)

You can of course insert data with the rqlcontroller, by complementing
it with the https://www.cubicweb.org/project/cubicweb-signedrequest cube
(that is already used in production).

With those two components, you can issue http/ https requests that
retrieve or insert data as a given cubicweb user, using a public id/
secret token pair used to sign and authenticate the author of the request.

For your information, we will probably release a first revision of the
rqlcontroller cube in a few days/ weeks.

--

Florent Cayré

LOGILAB S.A.                      104, bd Auguste Blanqui 75013 PARIS
                                   tél +33 (0)1.45.32.03.12
                                   tél +33 (0)1.83.64.25.26
Formations Python, Debian, XP     http://www.logilab.fr/formations
Développement logiciel sur mesure http://www.logilab.fr/services