[Cubicweb] hypermedia API talk at EuroPython 2014

Adrien Di Mascio adrien.dimascio at logilab.fr
Wed Jul 23 08:26:53 CEST 2014

Hi,

Le 23/07/2014 07:53, Nicolas Chauvat a écrit :
> On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 05:11:47PM +0200, Jean-Baptiste Pressac wrote:
>> And why not JSON-LD
>> <http://www.reddit.com/r/javascript/comments/1j08ov/hal_vs_jsonld>
>> instead of HAL ?

> JSON-LD <http://www.w3.org/TR/json-ld/> is now a W3C recommendation,
> but I have been seeing it as a way to publish data.

I also still tend to see json-ld mainly as a way to publish data.

> The presentation I was citing was using HAL to describe an API using
> hypermedia. Basically, you get data *and* links to
> create/update/delete related data. Knowing the root url (entry point)
> and the vocabulary used to describe the data/actions in that domain
> you just crawl your way through and will never need to build urls
> after reading the documentation for the API (see REST in Roy
> Fielding's thesis).

json-ld would give you the ability to understand what your data. Then I
guess links should be provided by the ``Link`` HTTP header, allowed
methods by the ``Allow`` HTTP header.

Cheers,
--
Adrien Di Mascio - LOGILAB, Paris (France).
Tél: 01.45.32.03.12