[Cubicweb] PYRAMID: Inside-out or outside-in?

Christophe de Vienne christophe at unlish.com
Thu Jul 10 16:22:31 CEST 2014

Hi,

Le 10/07/2014 15:14, Paul Everitt a écrit :
> 1) Do you want to re-imagine CubicWeb as a Pyramid application? In this case, people familiar with Pyramid, the Pyramid docs, and other Pyramid software would be familiar with CubicWeb. You would, where *possible*, switch to Pyramid implementations and patterns.
>
> 2) Do you want to use Pyramid for internals? In this case, the existing CubicWeb documentation would be largely unchanged. You'd keep the CubicWeb framework, just using Pyramid as a framework-framework. You would, where *necessary*, switch to Pyramid implementations and patterns.
>
> It's an important distinction, as I don't want you to feel like I am shoving (1) down your throat. [wink]

Backward compatibility is important for existing applications, so from a
CubicWeb developper point of view, option 2) is clearly the short-term goal.

Personally, I aim at option 1), but it will need a little more time if
we do not want to end up with two incompatible products (which would be
the worst case for everybody).

I think we can achieve option 2) in a relatively short time, and from
there make option 1) possible if not a target.

--
Christophe

unlish.com - Social Sport Motivation