[Cubicweb] PYRAMID: render_view

Nicolas Chauvat nicolas.chauvat at logilab.fr
Thu Jul 10 15:44:03 CEST 2014

On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 09:09:00AM -0400, Paul Everitt wrote:
> For the case of views, however, Pyramid provides a pretty rich (and extensible) matching system:
>
>   http://docs.pylonsproject.org/projects/pyramid/en/1.1-branch/narr/viewconfig.html#predicate-arguments

Interesting.

> This part of the discussion probably can be deferred, as it would likely be the last thing you would do.

True.

> > Does the above help, or does it make things fuzzier? :)
>
> Perhaps the way to think about it then is that the Pyramid concept
> called "view" is under discussion for the top/outer view that
> interfaces to the outside system, while the CubicWeb concept of view
> is still retained for the internal process of selection and
> assembly?

Yes.

Last time I discussed this with Christophe, he was describing an
implementation where you could use pyramid's routes to mix pyramid
views (for some routes) and a cubicweb "handler" (for some other
routes). The cubicweb "handler" would do its own thing: execute a
query, find the best possible view and apply it to generate the
output.

Too bad there is a collision between Pyramid and CubicWeb that both
use the term views to describe very different things. I guess we will
have to live with it, unless we want to rename CubicWeb's views to
"presentations" or something...