[Cubicweb] Pyramid & Cubicweb sessions/authentication integration

Aurélien Campéas aurelien.campeas at logilab.fr
Mon Jul 7 12:12:01 CEST 2014

On 07/07/2014 12:06, Christophe de Vienne wrote:
> Le 07/07/2014 11:51, Aurélien Campéas a écrit :

>>> The need for cw persistent sessions looks needed, but for now I fail to
>>> see real-life example where a strong bind to the web-session is required.
>>>
>> What do you mean by strong bind ?
>
> I mean the obligation that a repo session lives from the web user login
> to its logout.

If by "living" you mean the python object is kept in memory, then not.
If not, then, what ?

>> If the cubes expect session.data to be there, it's strong... not ?
>
> Do they expect the .data to live all along the web-session ?

Yes. Note that there is no really a web-session as opposed to a
repo-session.

> And if they do, isn't it because they rely on the repo session to hold
> data that should belong to the web session ?

We should clarify this web-session vs repo-session thing.
There is exactly ONE session concept right now in Cubicweb.

>> Anyway, the session is accessible through cnx.session so what's
>> the problem ?
>
> I have no problem, I am just trying to have a clear vision of the
> required scope of the repo session, and if we can un-correlate it from
> the websession.

Sessions are not "web" or "repo", they just are (imho).

Regards,
Aurélien.