[Cubicweb] Pyramid & Cubicweb sessions/authentication integration

Aurélien Campéas aurelien.campeas at logilab.fr
Mon Jul 7 10:48:06 CEST 2014

On 07/07/2014 10:43, Christophe de Vienne wrote:
> Le 06/07/2014 18:35, Christophe de Vienne a écrit :
>>
>> Some basic explanations :
>>
>>   * The pyramid application uses directly the cw repo to check the
>>     login/password of the user (110
>>     <https://bitbucket.org/unlish/pyramid_cubicweb/src/07089fd649afaf50e0d0aee01be19100965c9b02/pyramid_cubicweb/__init__.py?at=default#cl-110>).
>>   * The pyramid request has a custom attribute 'cw_session' that gets,
>>     one way or another, a cubicweb session (164
>>     <https://bitbucket.org/unlish/pyramid_cubicweb/src/07089fd649afaf50e0d0aee01be19100965c9b02/pyramid_cubicweb/__init__.py?at=default#cl-164>).
>>   * A custom session manager (66
>>     <https://bitbucket.org/unlish/pyramid_cubicweb/src/07089fd649afaf50e0d0aee01be19100965c9b02/pyramid_cubicweb/__init__.py?at=default#cl-66>)
>>     rely on this new attribute to return the session to cubicweb.
>>

> I forgot to say that a side-effect is persistent sessions for free.

I somehow doubt that, barring some misunderstanding of the scope
of "persistent sessions" when applied to cubicweb. The repo-side
*has* to learn about persistent sessions.

I don't doubt that you can get a web-level session "store" that
can provide the illusion however (as I did with the dogpile.cache
experiment).

Aurélien.