[Cubicweb] PYRAMID: Inside-out or outside-in?

Paul Everitt paul at agendaless.com
Thu Jul 10 15:14:17 CEST 2014

First, I'm putting "PYRAMID" as a subject prefix to help the people on the list that want to ignore this discussion. :) Let me know if that isn't necessary.

This recent discussion about CubicWeb internals has been helpful, but it brings up the point about what is being discussed. What do and don't you want to do with Pyramid:

1) Do you want to re-imagine CubicWeb as a Pyramid application? In this case, people familiar with Pyramid, the Pyramid docs, and other Pyramid software would be familiar with CubicWeb. You would, where *possible*, switch to Pyramid implementations and patterns.

2) Do you want to use Pyramid for internals? In this case, the existing CubicWeb documentation would be largely unchanged. You'd keep the CubicWeb framework, just using Pyramid as a framework-framework. You would, where *necessary*, switch to Pyramid implementations and patterns.

It's an important distinction, as I don't want you to feel like I am shoving (1) down your throat. [wink]

--Paul