[Cubicweb] PYRAMID: render_view

Paul Everitt paul at agendaless.com
Tue Jul 8 15:29:24 CEST 2014

Hi everybody, I'm Paul, one of the Pyramid guys. Nicolas and I know each other from way back, first met him at Saarbrucken in 2002.

I told Nicolas I would give some comments on places to use Pyramid as a framework-framework. I'm not a Pyramid superhero nor do I know anything about CubicWeb. But I do give Pyramid training and have collected some material for a Pyramid Add-on Developer Guide.

Rather than one big email, I'll try to pick some individual topics, starting with render_view:

  https://bitbucket.org/unlish/pyramid_cubicweb/src/07089fd649afaf50e0d0aee01be19100965c9b02/pyramid_cubicweb/__init__.py?at=default#cl-85

There might be some better ways to approach this, but first I need some background on the intent. It looks like CubicWeb has a registry. Pyramid does also. In the beginning, of course, you won't look at switching away from your registry.

The comment for render_view says:

    # XXX The select() function could, know how to handle a pyramid
    # request, and feed it directly to the views that supports it.
    # On the other hand, we could refine the View concept and decide it works
    # with a cnx, and never with a WebRequest

It then looks like you head over into CubicWebLand to manage the request and return a response.

--Paul