[Cubicweb] Wild idea to speed up repository loading

Christophe de Vienne christophe at unlish.com
Mon Jul 7 22:11:10 CEST 2014

Hi all,

One of the reason the partial application reloading that is currently
implemented in cubicweb is that loading a complex schema from a database
can take quite some time.

If someday we switch to a complete reload (read: if we rely on pyramid
to do so), the time to reload would be a regression.

I wonder if we could save the pickled schema, along with a timestamp
corresponding the latest modification of the scheme.
If so, before reading the whole schema from the database, we would only
have to unpickle the schema from a local file : that would be faster
wouldn't it ?

I will not experiment with this idea right now but if someone want to
play with it I would love to hear about the results !

Christophe