[Cubicweb] Would CWSchema be worth a CWEP ?

Yann Cointepas yann at cointepas.net
Thu Jan 30 09:31:01 CET 2014

Hi list,

Are the various CWSchemas going to be completely independent or will it be
possible to do requests combining entities or relation in several CWSchemas
?

Could it be possible to introduce a dependency hierarchy on CWSchemas as
for cubes ? Cubes define a partition of an instance schema. It would be
interesting to have this partition exposed in the schema stored in
database. For instance it would make it possible to  browse a complex
schema (such as brainomics which is not readable as a whole) cube by cube.
If there is a refactoring to introduce CWSchema, it may be extended to take
cubes into account. Technically, the "default" CWSchema would be a tree of
schemas reflecting the cubes hierarchy. This could be done by introducing a
dependency relation between CWSchemas and probably some hooks on this
relation to be able to rapidly get a complete schema for each node.

      Yann

Yann Cointepas            Tel: +33 1 69 08 78 31
CEA - Neurospin           Fax: +33 1 69 08 79 80
B√Ętiment 145, Point Courrier 156
91191 Gif-sur-Yvette cedex, France