[Cubicweb] Apache + CubicWeb + LDAP: authentication error

Dimitri Papadopoulos Orfanos dimitri.papadopoulos at cea.fr
Thu Jan 30 11:25:26 CET 2014

Le 30/01/2014 10:00, Dimitri Papadopoulos Orfanos a écrit :
> [...]
> (cubicweb.appobject) DEBUG: web authenticator building auth info
> (cubicweb.appobject) DEBUG: encoding info for dp165978
> (cubicweb.session) DEBUG: authentication by XRemoteUserAuthentifier
> (cubicweb.session) DEBUG: authentication failure (list index out of range)
> (cubicweb.sources.Imagen) INFO: ldap authenticate dp165978
> (cubicweb.session) DEBUG: rollback for session internal done
> [...]

The first two lines are from trustedauth/views.py and show that Apache
does transmit the login "dp165978" of the user authenticated by Apache
to CubicWeb.

I have created a "dp165978" account in CubicWeb instead of LDAP and
indeed evrything works fine in that case. I get a "welcome dp165978 !"
message instead of the previous "authentication failure" warning.

The issue here is clearly that I cannot get ldapfeed to read from our
LDAP server:

(cubicweb.session) ERROR: while trying to update feed <Imagen
LDAPFeedSource source 2224 @0x58c57d0>
Traceback (most recent call last):

Any suggestions where to begin from to debug ldapfeed? The error
messages are not sufficient to fix wrong ldapfeed options without diving
into the code.

--
Dimitri Papadopoulos
CEA/Saclay