[Cubicweb] Notes about the localperms cube

Sylvain Thénault sylvain.thenault at logilab.fr
Mon Jan 6 17:22:13 CET 2014

On 20 décembre 15:34, Aurélien Campéas wrote:
> You must realize that in the typical Pylos app, where container was
> bred, they have HUGE containers, wrt etypes & rtypes, I mean it's way
> beyond the tracker cube in terms of complexity, and the apps. evolve all
> the time.

That probably makes tracker a good experimental app to see if replacing the
existing localperms based security by container based security brings in terms
of readability/maintenance, performance, flexibility... A good vsprint topic.

> > That would be great. The last time I give a look at container, what bothered me
> > is that it was hard to make it works using pre-existing application level
> > relations, it has to use it's own relations even if it duplicates existing
> > information. It may have been fixed since, it was some time ago.
>
> All of the things you found annoying back then have been fixed since,
> indeed (for the greatest good).

Good to know.

> > Also, the
> > forthcoming RQL rewrite feature may help here.
>
> Custom Yams annotations would help mostly.
> I don't see yet where an rql rewrite rule would help.

Maybe because you fixed all the concerns I add when I tried to use it, but the
idea was that rql rewrite stuff would allow to have two relations available in
RQL (eg an "application" relation and a "generic" relation, the generic one
being a superset of the application relation for use by container) while only
one would exists in the database.