[Cubicweb] Apache + CubicWeb + LDAP: authentication error

Dimitri Papadopoulos Orfanos dimitri.papadopoulos at cea.fr
Thu Jan 30 10:00:02 CET 2014

Dear all,

I am still trying to set up Apache front-end + CubicWeb + LDAP. I have
defined an additional "ldapfeed" data source and also rely on the
cubicweb-trustedauth cube.

Our IT team has set up a working LDAP service on the server. It is
successfully used for SFTP access to the server.

Our IT team have also set up an Apache front-end which I believe is
correctly integrated with LDAP. Indeed I do get past Apache
authentication when trying to access CubicWeb through Apache.

After authenticating Cubicweb shows an "authentication failure" error
message and prints the following debug info:

(cubicweb.twisted) INFO: instance started on
https://imagen2i.intra.cea.fr/imagen/
(cubicweb.appobject) DEBUG: web authenticator building auth info
(cubicweb.appobject) DEBUG: encoding info for dp165978
(cubicweb.session) DEBUG: authentication by XRemoteUserAuthentifier
(cubicweb.session) DEBUG: authentication failure (list index out of range)
(cubicweb.sources.Imagen) INFO: ldap authenticate dp165978
(cubicweb.session) DEBUG: rollback for session internal done

Any clue what could be going wrong?

Additionally I still get these traces in the log:

(cubicweb.session) ERROR: while trying to update feed <Imagen
LDAPFeedSource source 2224 @0x58c57d0>
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/cubicweb/hooks/__init__.py",
line 71, in update_feeds
     source.pull_data(session)
   File
"/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/cubicweb/server/sources/datafeed.py",
line 187, in pull_data
     return self._pull_data(session, force, raise_on_error)
   File
"/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/cubicweb/server/sources/datafeed.py",
line 194, in _pull_data
     parser = self._get_parser(session, sourceuris=myuris,
import_log=importlog)
   File
"/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/cubicweb/server/sources/datafeed.py",
line 119, in _get_parser
     self.parser_id, session, source=self, **kwargs)
   File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/logilab/common/registry.py", line
353, in select
     obj =  self._select_best(self[__oid], *args, **kwargs)
   File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/logilab/common/registry.py", line
249, in __getitem__
     return super(Registry, self).__getitem__(name)
ObjectNotFound: None

Again, any clue?

Regards,
--