[Cubicweb] About cwuri

Nicolas Chauvat nicolas.chauvat at logilab.fr
Wed Feb 12 18:22:31 CET 2014

On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 04:55:54PM +0100, Sylvain Thénault wrote:
> I've been thinking recently that what could be nice about local entities would
> be to have a 'canonical path' attribute, relative to the base url. When the
> entity is accessed from another url, we should raise 303 using the canonical
> url. In its current form, cwuri is indeed useless/painful for local entities.

I am not sure I follow you.

Let us assume site A uses datafeeds to import data from another site B
where there are entities b1 and b2. An update of the feed creates ab1
and ab2 that can be accessed at http://siteA.org/ab1 and http://siteA.org/ab2.

Are you suggesting that these URLs should 303-redirect to http://siteB.org/b1
and http://siteB.org/b2 ?

The cwuris would be:

ab1 -> http://siteB.org/b1
ab2 -> http://siteB.org/b2
b1 -> http://siteB.org/b1
b2 -> http://siteB.org/b2

Could you explain what is useless/painful about it?

Or maybe you want to say that http://siteB.org/eid-of-b1 should 303-redirect
to http://siteB.org/b1 ?