[Cubicweb] Move sources to a sub-directory

Sylvain Thénault sylvain.thenault at logilab.fr
Fri Aug 29 07:22:42 CEST 2014

On 25 août 16:58, Christophe de Vienne wrote:
> Hi everyone,

Hi Christophe,

> Studying how can pip / setuptools can make work on cubicweb easier,
> I hit a major problem : "pip install -e" (equivalent to "setup.py
> develop") will _not_ work.
>
> It seems to me it is because the package files are directly in the
> root directory of the package.

I think it is, indeed.

[...]

> I am willing to propose patches for all the projects if that is what
> it takes, but I would like your feedback on this idea before.

I can't tell yet for Logilab if we're fine to generalize some change, but my POV
is that we have to align with the community standard (and tools) at some point,
which we probably reached. Unfortunatlly even if our process has been working
for years and if we're not fond nor users of the submentioned tools, unless we
don't mind to ease cubicweb adoption and to build a community.

FYI, we're planning to do such change in pylint and astroid. Also as bonus
feature, you get the ability to "pip install" your project directly from hg/git.

That being said, I think the most import change on our side is to adapt our
internal tools and our CI chain to work with such a new layout.