[Cubicweb] Integrating CubicWeb views into Pyramid (long)

Sylvain Thénault sylvain.thenault at logilab.fr
Tue Aug 26 17:10:52 CEST 2014

On 06 août 11:39, Christophe de Vienne wrote:
> I do not think we do that in CubicWeb. All the predicates works with
> the current resultset (the pyramid context) or the current request,
> and the goal is always to select one view (and again, I talk only
> for the views, not the other appobjects).

Don't know if this is actually a problem, but at least in cubicweb, the notion
of "context" is not limited to the result set. Actually the context may be
anything given at selection time. Most of the selection are done based on data
type (hence rset), but you may imagine anything else (eg select on form values
(match_form_params predicate), select on arbitrary arguments (match_kwargs
argument), select on user groups (match_user_groups predicates), etc.