[Cubicweb] Which way to go to do remote RQL ?

Nicolas Chauvat nicolas.chauvat at logilab.fr
Thu Aug 7 21:51:38 CEST 2014

Hi Yann,

I would suggest http://www.cubicweb.org/project/cwclientlib with
http://www.cubicweb.org/project/cubicweb-rqlcontroller

> 1) Secure when used over internet.

as secure as your https communication + auth scheme

> 2) Possibility to use commit/rollback

not really, but see my other answer describing the upload object that
may fit your use case (that could be a first step towards native
transactions in rqlcontroller).

> 3) Possibility to use users login/password

we use it daily with kerberos or
http://www.cubicweb.org/project/cubicweb-signedrequest

> 4) Possibility to handle big query data, big request or big resultset

as big as the HTTP protocol will allow

> 5) Possibility to modify the database

rqlcontroller accepts all of RQL, including INSERT/SET/DELETE.

> 6) Possibility to get an error message for bad queries

you will get error messages in the HTTP response, is it what you are
asking for?