[Cubicweb] CubicWeb Logo Proposal

Celso FLORES celso.flores at crealibre.com
Thu Sep 26 16:18:46 CEST 2013

2013/9/26 Nicolas Chauvat <nicolas.chauvat at logilab.fr>

> Hola Celso,
>
> On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 01:12:11AM -0500, Celso FLORES wrote:
> > We propose to standardize this.
>
> Good idea. Thank you very much for taking the lead on this.
>
> > http://crealibre.com/cubicweb-logo-proposal/
>
> IMHO:
>
> 1) Overall
>
> - keeping the stacked cubes and the top of one cube folding back is good

+1 Agree, unless someone find a better idea.

> - the colors can change completely, it started as black/orange to
>   remind of logilab, but it is probably better if that link is severed

Ok

> 2) This design
>
> - if find it harder to see the stacked cubes with no border to the
>   white faces of the cubes

Yes. Many logos
<http://justcreative.com/2008/11/27/logo-design-process-fitucci/>are not so
easy to understand at the beginning or hide something.
One you know there are cubes, you will keep see them.

Nevertheless, other options are more explicits about the cubes, and we will
put them on line today.

> - I find the black/red a bit aggressive

It depends a lot on your screen settings if you see it orange or red.

We have versions with a less strong black.

We ll put them on line, in a few hours.

And somehow, strong (instead of aggressive) was on the spot of the design.

Of course, we need to see the logo within some environment to see if it
fits.

> - What is the name of the font you used ?

Orbitron <http://www.google.com/fonts/specimen/Orbitron>
Matt McInerney, SIL Open Font License, 1.1

With scale modification.

Thanks for your inputs.
<http://scripts.sil.org/OFL>

--