[Cubicweb] SELECT * in RQL ?

Sylvain Thénault sylvain.thenault at logilab.fr
Fri Sep 27 16:27:29 CEST 2013

On 27 septembre 16:10, Yann Cointepas wrote:
> Thank you for your answers, it helps.
>
> Do you think it could be possible to modify RQL syntax to include the
> request forgery proposed by Nicolas (for instance, a single request "Any X*
> WHERE X is MyType" (or any other syntax) would provide the same result) ?
>
> It would be very useful, for instance, to make it possible to create URI
> for downloading data. For instance : "https://somewhere.rql:8080/view?rql
> =Any+X*+WHERE+X+is+MyTypet&vid=csvexport"

I agree it could be a useful inclusin which deserves at least a ticket.

I would propose something like :

  Any X.* WHERE X is MyType

In case where X is ambiguous (may take several types), it would return the
intersection of all possibles types'attributes.

NB: such ticket should go to the RQL project on logilab.org.