[Cubicweb] ZMQ: IP address

Rémi Cardona remi.cardona at logilab.fr
Wed Sep 25 17:33:37 CEST 2013

Hi Dimitri,

Le 25/09/2013 17:22, Julien Cristau a écrit :
> It's how the socket API works...  You can listen on the wildcard address
> though, and connect using any of the machine's IPs you want.  See the
> zmq_tcp(7) manpage.

Let me add that UNIX sockets are implicitely supported by CubicWeb (it
does not forbid them) and they work just fine for me:

     zmq-repository-address = zmqpickle-ipc:///tmp/mycwinstance.socket

So if you only want to support local connections without dealing with
iptables, UNIX sockets are another possibility.

Cheers

--
Rémi Cardona - LOGILAB, Paris (France).
Tél: 01.45.32.03.12