[Cubicweb] Bootstrap

Adrien Di Mascio adrien.dimascio at logilab.fr
Wed Sep 25 07:56:22 CEST 2013

Hi Dimitri,

Le 24/09/2013 23:26, Dimitri Papadopoulos Orfanos a écrit :
> Is there any documentation on how to "Bootstrap" a CubicWeb application?

I believe not. A README file in the bootstrap cube would be welcome.

> 1. Modify a couple of files:
>      $ grep -i bootstrap *.py
>      __pkginfo__.py:                'cubicweb-bootstrap': None,
>      uiprops.py:STYLESHEETS += [data('bootstrap/css/bootstrap.css'),

The only modification should be to add ``cubicweb-bootstrap`` to your
dependency definition in your __pkginfo__ file.

In general, there should be ne need to change uiprops.py

> 2. Add/modify all or part of bootstrap in subdirectory "data" of the
> application cube.

You should not have to do this unless you want to use a custom theme or
configuration for bootstrap.

> 3. Modify views/basetemplates.py? In brainomics this file reads:
>         # XXX Backport from squareui

The bootstrap cube only defines "bootstrap" versions of builtin views
and components (list view, table view, default form renderer, etc.).
The "main template" was identified as a choice of "ui", as in "how
information should be organized in the page" and therefore not included
in the bootstrap cube but defined in a "squareui" cube. In practice, it
essentially consists of a "MainTemplate" implementation, although we
could probably consider that some parts of the bootstrap cube also
define an "UI" if we stick to the definition I gave, especially for the
primary view.

I think brainomics use a custom "UI" and therefore chose to not depend
on squareui but rather to define its own "UI" implementation.

You should also note 2 additional things :

- squareui has no version yet, not even a 0.1.0, it's a pure
   in-development cube for now but we plan to make a release
   as soon as possible and ...

- ... this release will probably target bootstrap 3 that was released
   this summer and will require the 0.2.0 version of the bootstrap cube
   which is still under development.

We have no release date yet but hopefully it should happen anytime soon
since we'd like to use for client applications as soon as possible.

Cheers,
--
Adrien Di Mascio - LOGILAB, Paris (France).
Tél: 01.45.32.03.12