[Cubicweb] ZMQ: IP address

Dimitri Papadopoulos Orfanos dimitri.papadopoulos at cea.fr
Wed Sep 25 17:16:34 CEST 2013

Hi,

I've noticed that ZMQ responds only when connecting to the specific IP
that was set in all-in-one.conf. Examples:

If all-in-one.conf contains:
   zmq-repository-address=zmqpickle-tcp://127.0.0.1:8181
then if 132.12.3.4 is my IP address:
   $
   $ telnet 127.0.0.1 8181
   Trying 127.0.0.1...
   Connected to 127.0.0.1.
   Escape character is '^]'.
   $
   $ telnet 132.12.3.4 8181
   Trying 132.12.3.4...
   $

If all-in-one.conf contains:
   zmq-repository-address=zmqpickle-tcp://132.12.3.4:8181
then:
   $
   $ telnet 127.0.0.1 8181
   Trying 127.0.0.1...
   $
   $ telnet 132.12.3.4 8181
   Trying 132.12.3.4...
   Connected to 132.12.13.4.
   Escape character is '^]'.
   $

Is this a ZMQ or CubicWeb feature? Do we have to hardcode the current IP
address of the server in all-in-one.conf?

Regards,
--
Dimitri Papadopoulos
CEA/Saclay