[Cubicweb] ZMQ? incremental data import

Dimitri Papadopoulos Orfanos dimitri.papadopoulos at cea.fr
Mon Sep 23 16:01:49 CEST 2013

Dear all,

We are trying to write a Python script to add data to a CubicWeb
instance, in an incremental and automated way.

Our start point is this mass import script:
	http://hg.logilab.org/cubes/brainomics/importers/imagen.py
This script is using cubicweb.dataimport.SQLGenObjectStore. It is
designed to run under command "cubicweb-ctl shell".

We need to change two things:
* avoid cubicweb.dataimport because an incremental script should not to
bypass hooks and other CubicWeb security and consistency mechanisms,
* use ZMQ instead of "cubicweb-ctl shell" to be able to push data from a
workstation to a distant CubicWeb server.

We used to create instances and relations using the create_entity() and
relate() functions of SQLGenObjectStore.

Where do we find functionality equivalent to SQLGenObjectStore?

Here is what we have found so far:
* Function dbapi.connect() returns a "Connection" object.
* The Connection class is described here:

http://docs.cubicweb.org/devrepo/devcore/dbapi.html#cubicweb.dbapi.Connection
* We had a look at the Request class but are unable to understand the
documentation:
   http://docs.cubicweb.org/devweb/request.html

Which object should we operate on? Is there no store available? Where do
we find functions equivalent to create_entity() and relate()? Do we have
to use RQL? SHoudl we stick to SQLGenObjectStore?

--
Dimitri Papadopoulos
CEA/Saclay