[Cubicweb] Apache authentication: which CubicWeb API?

Dimitri Papadopoulos Orfanos dimitri.papadopoulos at cea.fr
Wed Oct 9 11:10:13 CEST 2013

Thank you Sylvain. I feel the documentation would benefit from a "client
programming" chapter. It would be a matter of a few paragraphs. Right
now the documentation lacks information on how to access the CubicWeb
database programatically and not only from an off-the-shelf Web browser
(which I think is the exaclt purpose of semantic Web as opposed to Web).

I can see two transport layers that can be used to access CubicWeb and
need to be documented:
0. Command "cubicweb-ctl shell" is already documented and besides it is
for administrative tasks only - not client programming per se.
1. ZMQ is associated to "Repository development".
2. HTTP is associated to "Web side development".

The main issues that would need to be documented for each transport
layer are:
* session management (cookies for HTTP),
* formats available by default (csv, json, xml, etc.) - and how to find
the list of additional formats?
* how to ask for a specific format ("&vid=..." in HTTP)

--
Dimitri Papadopoulos
CEA/Saclay