[Cubicweb] trustedauth: cannot get it to work

Dimitri Papadopoulos Orfanos dimitri.papadopoulos at cea.fr
Thu Oct 24 14:58:36 CEST 2013

Hi Aurélien,

It took me a month to eventually answer this mail... Sorry.

Le 19/08/2013 14:19, Aurélien Campéas a écrit :
>> I have created a custom application cube for our Brainomics/Imagen
>> server. As far as I can tell this cube is making use of
>> 'cubicweb-trustedauth':
>>
>> $ cat /usr/share/cubicweb/cubes/imagen/__pkginfo__.py
>> [...]
>> __depends__ =  {'cubicweb': '>= 3.16.1',
>>                  'cubicweb-brainomics': None,
>>                  'cubicweb-trustedauth': None,
>> }
>

> By design ? This is a bit weird imho since trustedauth should
> typically be plugged/unplugged at will without package declaration
> (although I believe cubicweb maybe doesn't help since (if ?) it
> _requires_ an entry in __depends__ to make add_cube('trustedauth')
> work).

I'm not sure why I would want to unplug cubicweb-trustedauth from my
application cube (this is the "imagen" application cube and not the
"brainomics" reusable cube). Apache authentication is an integral part
of how the application is supposed to work. Who and where exactly would
run add_cube('trustedauth')?

--
Dimitri Papadopoulos
CEA/Saclay