[Cubicweb] disable login for 'admin' account

Dimitri Papadopoulos Orfanos dimitri.papadopoulos at cea.fr
Tue Nov 19 20:27:31 CET 2013

Dear all,

We are currently deploying our production Brainomics/Localizer server.
We use the 'registration' and 'forgotpwd' cubes. Users need to register
to being allowed to download data.

Obviously we do not want disable login on this Web server. Nevertheless
we have been asked whether it would be possible to specifically disable
login for administrator accounts such as 'admin'. Note that we do want
administrator accounts to be able to log in from other Web servers (for
example administrative Web servers on our internal network) or ZMQ.

I wasn't able to find any off-the-shelf solution. I have often missed
cubes in the past, providing the very functionality I need .Have I
missed a cube again?

Otehrwise I will probably have to override a method in
web/views/authenticate.py. Which one?

--
Dimitri Papadopoulos
CEA/Saclay