[Cubicweb] Managing Owners and last modifications

Celso FLORES celso.flores at crealibre.com
Wed Jun 12 12:54:45 CEST 2013

Thanks Aurélien, Adrien for your answers.

Concerning the last_modified_by relation :

Would you think it could be useful as a default metadata function on Cw ?
or it will be somehow a unnecessary or heavy to be considered as default
option in Cw?.

What do cw developers think ?

------

2013/6/11 Aurélien Campéas <aurelien.campeas at logilab.fr>

> Le 11/06/2013 02:46, Celso FLORES a écrit :
>
>> Hi List,
>>

> Hi Celso,
>
>  Today's Newbie's questions are about Owners and last modification User
>> en Cw.
>>

>> *1. Owners : *
>>

>> - What is the criteria to assign such a relation?
>>

> creatorship
> then the "owned_by" relation can be updated ...
>

>> - Could many cw_users be owners?
>>

> yes
>
> the "owners" group is a pseudo group, actually a kind of syntactic
> facility above the owned_by relation
>
> its cardinality is **
>

>> *2. Last Modification User.*
>>

>> - We can easily find the last modification date in MetaData, but how can
>> we know (and show)  the User that made the last modification ?
>>

> you may want to add a
>
> class last_modified_by(**RelationDefinition):
>    subject = '*'
>    object = 'CWUser'
>    cardinality = '?*'
>
> put it in the cubicweb.schema.META_RTYPES set and add an
> hook/operation pair to set it automatically.

Celso FLORES
Knowledge Management Consultant
Mx. 044 81 80 75 04 73
celso.flores at crealibre.com        Skype: jcelsoflores