[Cubicweb] extraction of legacyui in progress

Nicolas Chauvat nicolas.chauvat at logilab.fr
Mon Feb 11 01:10:19 CET 2013

Hi List,

If you read http://www.cubicweb.org/blogentry/2709670 you know that a
dramatic downsizing of cw/web/views is planned for cw 3.16. This
involves extracting a lot of code to the new cube legacyui. This
cube will therefore implement the "one ui to rule them all" motto that
should not be part of the CubicWeb framework (thanks orbui for
demonstrating it, sorry for not seeing the obvious).

Here is a preview of my work in progress for those interested:

  http://hg.logilab.org/users/nchauvat/cubicweb/rev/c88318f819d8
  http://hg.logilab.org/users/nchauvat/cubes/legacyui/
  http://hg.logilab.org/users/nchauvat/cubes/squareui/

The first line is a changeset that begins extracting the code from
cw/web/views and provides backward compatibility for the cubes that
currently import from this place (and there are many).

The second and third lines are links to my two repositories for
legacyui (the good old ui using html4) and squareui (the same ui
choices, but with bootstraped html5).

To test the backward compat, create an instance and
add_cube('legacyui'). It should work as it would with cw 3.16.

You can add_cube('squareui') instead, but most parts of the ui have
not been ported yet and as you will quickly realize, the basic cubes
also need to be ported, and this will take time.

If you want to preview a cube ported (in part) to squareui, try

  http://hg.logilab.org/users/nchauvat/cubes/comment/rev/cca3ce205cd1

Any help or feedback will be appreciated.