[Cubicweb] Dependency missing on cubicweb ?

Denis Laxalde denis.laxalde at logilab.fr
Wed Dec 11 11:01:29 CET 2013

Yann Cointepas a écrit :
> What I really dream of is a magical package that you could install (or
> ask users to install) that just makes various applications using
> Cubicweb work. In our research lab (and other partners labs) we are
> using Cubicweb more and more on several applications (with different
> dependencies) but its installation is very often a problem. We try to
> write procedures but they become obsolete at some system change or
> Cubicweb release change. If Logilab could maintain a package
> all-cubicweb-whaterver-it-costs-in-disk-space-because-it-is-not-a-big-deal,
> it would greatly improve the first feeling of our colleagues about
> Cubicweb. We are now several believers in Cubicweb but, trust me,
> convincing people to choose this not-well-known technology is not an
> easy task. If, at least, we could make people easily start with Cubicweb
> in a non production environment (where applications are not properly
> packaged) it would make things easier.

Maybe this: apt-get install --install-suggests cubicweb

The problem you describe is not so specific to the cubicweb ecosystem.
Imagine you ask your sysadmin to install ipython. On Debian you'll not
get the famous notebook (shipped by a separate package ipython-notebook)
for the very same reason: it's only suggested by the ipython package.