[Cubicweb] Dependency missing on cubicweb ?

Arthur Lutz arthur.lutz at logilab.fr
Wed Dec 11 10:53:04 CET 2013

On 12/11/2013 10:35 AM, Christophe de Vienne wrote:
> The mono distribution in the debian sources have this, it is a package
> named "mono-complete".
>
> I guess a "cubicweb-complete" would make sense.

+1 on such a package. Can someone file a ticket ?

In the past, I've proposed the idea of having a cubicweb-cubes too which
installs all public cubicweb cubes...

Arthur

> Christophe
>
> Le 11/12/2013 09:59, Yann Cointepas a écrit :
>> What I really dream of is a magical package that you could install
>> (or ask users to install) that just makes various applications using
>> Cubicweb work. In our research lab (and other partners labs) we are
>> using Cubicweb more and more on several applications (with different
>> dependencies) but its installation is very often a problem. We try to
>> write procedures but they become obsolete at some system change or
>> Cubicweb release change. If Logilab could maintain a package
>> all-cubicweb-whaterver-it-costs-in-disk-space-because-it-is-not-a-big-deal,
>> it would greatly improve the first feeling of our colleagues about
>> Cubicweb. We are now several believers in Cubicweb but, trust me,
>> convincing people to choose this not-well-known technology is not an
>> easy task. If, at least, we could make people easily start with
>> Cubicweb in a non production environment (where applications are not
>> properly packaged) it would make things easier.
>>
>> Yann Cointepas            Tel: +33 1 69 08 78 31
>> CEA - Neurospin           Fax: +33 1 69 08 79 80
>> Bâtiment 145, Point Courrier 156
>> 91191 Gif-sur-Yvette cedex, France
>>

>> On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 9:14 AM, Sylvain Thénault
>> <sylvain.thenault at logilab.fr <mailto:sylvain.thenault at logilab.fr>> wrote:
>>
>>     On 10 décembre 08:25, afayolle wrote:
>>     > On 08/12/2013 12:11, Nicolas Chauvat wrote:
>>     > > Hi List,
>>     > >
>>     > > On Wed, Dec 04, 2013 at 11:15:20AM +0100, Julien Cristau wrote:
>>     > >>> On a freshly installed Ununtu 13.10, I got the error
>>     "ImportError: No
>>     > >>> module named zmq" when I try to connect to a cubicweb
>>     instance with
>>     > >>> zmqpickle-tcp. Installing python-zmq solve the problem.
>>     Does it mean that
>>     > >>> cubicweb package should depend on python-zmq ?
>>     > >>>
>>     > >> The zmq component is optional, and many deployments don't
>>     use it, so no,
>>     > >> it shouldn't be a dependency IMO.
>>     > > pyzmq is listed in the __recommends__ in
>>     cubicweb/__pkginfo__.py and
>>     > > is suggested by the package cubicweb-server.
>>     > >
>>     > > There are other optionnal libraries there, for example Pyro
>>     (Python
>>     > > Remote Objects), rdflib and fyzz (for RDF and SPARQL
>>     support), etc.
>>     > >
>>     > Should it not be in the dependency list of the relevant cubes
>>     Debian
>>     > packages ?
>>
>>     indeed, but in the case of zmq/pyro, that actually depends on a
>>     specific
>>     instance needs.
>>     --
>>     Sylvain Thénault, LOGILAB, Paris (01.45.32.03.12) - Toulouse
>>     (05.62.17.16.42)
>>     Formations Python, Debian, Méth. Agiles:
> [...]

Arthur Lutz - LOGILAB, Paris (France).
Formations - http://www.logilab.fr/formations/
Développements - http://www.logilab.fr/services/
Plateforme Web Sémantique - http://www.cubicweb.org/