[Cubicweb] Dependency missing on cubicweb ?

Yann Cointepas yann at cointepas.net
Wed Dec 11 09:59:22 CET 2013

What I really dream of is a magical package that you could install (or ask
users to install) that just makes various applications using Cubicweb work.
In our research lab (and other partners labs) we are using Cubicweb more
and more on several applications (with different dependencies) but its
installation is very often a problem. We try to write procedures but they
become obsolete at some system change or Cubicweb release change. If
Logilab could maintain a package
all-cubicweb-whaterver-it-costs-in-disk-space-because-it-is-not-a-big-deal,
it would greatly improve the first feeling of our colleagues about
Cubicweb. We are now several believers in Cubicweb but, trust me,
convincing people to choose this not-well-known technology is not an easy
task. If, at least, we could make people easily start with Cubicweb in a
non production environment (where applications are not properly packaged)
it would make things easier.

Yann Cointepas            Tel: +33 1 69 08 78 31
CEA - Neurospin           Fax: +33 1 69 08 79 80
Bâtiment 145, Point Courrier 156
91191 Gif-sur-Yvette cedex, France