[Cubicweb] datafeed

Dimitri Papadopoulos Orfanos dimitri.papadopoulos at cea.fr
Wed Dec 4 09:36:06 CET 2013

I've found a few words on datafeed in the Logilab blog about CubicWeb 3.11:
	http://www.cubicweb.org/blogentry/1512775

	A new 'datafeed' source was introduced, inspired by the
	soon to be deprecated datafeed cube. It needs polishing
	but sets the foundation for advanced semantic web
	applications that import content from others site using
	simple http request.

	A 'datafeed' source is associated to a parser that
	analyses the imported data and then creates/updates
	entities accordingly. There is currently a single parser
	in the core that imports CubicWeb-generated xml and needs
	to be configured with a mapping information that defines
	how relations are to be followed. It provides a viable
	alternative to 'pyrorql' sources. Other parsers to import
	RDF, RSS, etc should come soon.

 From what I gather datafeed can help import data from structured Web
sites. It doesn't help importing data from files (we have to parse at
least CSV, XML, DICOM files), does it?

In our application we repeatedly scan a directory for new files and data
appended to existing files. Can datafeed help in that case? I'm thinking
here about the "creates/updates entities accordingly" part of datafeed.

--
Dimitri Papadopoulos
CEA/Saclay